Download eBooks and eAudiobooks anytime with eMediaLibrary. Install the Overdrive app to download directly to your tablet or mobile phone. Read or listen on your computer or transfer to your ereader or mp3 player. You can have 5 titles out at a time. Bring your device to the Information Desk or the Kids Crossing Desk for a quick introduction. For more info, contact 847-455-6016 ext. 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Guides
Looking for more free eBooks? There are plenty of sites with free eBooks. The content in some collections may overlap because many free eBooks are titles in the public domain (books that are old enough that intellectual property rights have expired).
- Amazon - Free eBooks through the Kindle Store. Titles range from public domain to limited-time promotional titles.
- BBC Ebooks - A small eBook collection of Dr. Who novels.
- Baen Free Library - More than 100 free science fiction eBooks including Lois McMaster Bujold, Catherine Asaro, and Harry Turtledove.
- Barnes and Noble - A variety of free eBooks from the retailer.
- Bookyards - Over 17,000 eBooks, and links to many more.
- Cory Doctrow's Little Brother - A free eBook to download.
- eBooks @ Adelaide - Mostly public domain eBooks reworked by University of Adelaide staff. View these eBooks via your web browser.
- eReaderIQ - Many eBooks, including those specially for Kindle.
- Feedbooks - Free public domain eBooks for Android and iPhone/iPad.
- Freebook Sifter - Sift through free eBooks available on Amazon.com.
- HathiTrust Digital Library - Contains millions of books digitized by university libraries. Content is academic and research-oriented.
- InkMesh - Use this search engine to find eBooks for free online.
- Many Books - Includes free eBooks from Project Gutenberg and other sources.
- Memoware - Free eBooks in a number of formats.
- Online Books Page - Peruse this index with loads of eBooks.
- Open Library - This project, "One web page for every book," includes eBooks.
- PDFbooks - eBooks of classics and unpublished fiction and nonfiction in pdf format.
- Project Gutenberg's Ebooks - Over 30,000 free eBooks to download to your computer, ereader, smartphone or other portable device.
A variety of websites offer free audiobooks for you to download. Some ereaders are also capable of reading text from ebooks aloud to you.