Now you can read over 40 full color, digital magazines for free with Zinio, the world's largest newstand. National Geographic, Taste of Home, ESPN, O, The Oprah Magazine, US Weekly, and Readers Digest are just a few of the popular titles available. View the full list here.
If you have a Franklin Park Library card, you are granted unlimited, simultaneous access to complete issues that can easily be viewed on most Internet-enabled devices such as your tablet, smartphone or computer. Check out as many magazines as you like, and keep whichever ones you want. There are no holds to place or fines to worry about, and you'll be notified about new issues.
Questions? Visit our Information Desks, email email@example.com or call 847-455-6016 ext. 2.
Create Accounts, Browse and Subscribe
Using Zinio requires the creation of two accounts—a library Zinio account to view the library’s collection and a free Zinio.com account to read magazines online or via the Zinio Reader app on your mobile device. Follow these steps to create both accounts:
(Note: We recommend you use the same email and password for both accounts.)
Create a library Zinio Collection account to start browsing
- Go to the library’s Zinio web page and follow the link to register for an account.
- If prompted, enter your library card number or username and PIN and click SUBMIT.
- Enter the required information and click the CREATE ACCOUNT! button. (You will receive a welcome email conﬁrming your new account.)
- Click the login link in the conﬁrmation email or return to the library’s Zinio Web page and log in to begin browsing the collection.
Create a free Zinio.com account to start reading
- While browsing the library’s collection, click a cover to subscribe to a magazine.
- First-time users must enter an email address and password to create a free Zinio.com account (for subsequent visits use the SIGN IN HERE button).
- In your Zinio.com account, your library magazine subscriptions will now display in the READ tab.
Install the Zinio Reader App
Visit your device’s app store to download and install the free Zinio Reader app. Note: Use the Zinio app only to read your magazines. Browse and subscribe using a Web browser and your library Zinio account. The Zinio Reader app compatibility includes iOS (Apple®), Android™, Kindle Fire/Fire HD™, Windows 8, PC, Mac, and Blackberry® PlayBook.
Read Your Magazines
Follow these steps to read your magazines using your device’s browser or the Zinio Reader app. Using the browser on your computer or smart device. After subscribing to a magazine, click the cover image to open it for reading.
- Reading some magazines requires the Zinio Reader app. If your device is not app-compatible, those titles will not be available on your device.
- Mobile devices with small screens may cause slow loading or prevent loading of content altogether. The mobile device availability status for all titles can be checked by clicking on the READ icon under YOUR READING LIST. Using the Zinio Reader app on your computer or smart device. After subscribing to a magazine using a Web browser, open the Zinio Reader app, sign in to your Zinio.com account, ﬁnd your magazine and start reading.
Checking Out Additional Library Collection Magazines
Return to your library Zinio Collection account using your web browser to check out additional magazines. Note: You cannot check out magazines from within the Zinio Reader App.
Managing Your Account
- Use the ACCOUNT SETTINGS area of your Zinio.com account to stop receiving unwanted sample magazines, emails from Zinio.com, or to block adult content.
- Edit your collection to remove magazines on your computer and/or mobile device.
- Connect to your Zinio.com account.
- Click READ at the top of the browser page.
- Click EDIT YOUR READING LIST near the top of the screen.
- Use the dropdown arrows to select the title of the subscription you wish to cancel.
- Click the red X button to remove the issue, then click DONE.