Internet User Agreement
(Text of the online Internet User Agreement)
I agree to abide by the following rules while using the Internet at the Franklin Park Public Library:
- I will not attempt to violate the integrity of any information on the Internet or any part of the Library’s information network.
- I will obey all local, state, and federal laws while using the Internet, including, but not limited to, laws regulating copyright, fraud, obscenity, defamation, and privacy. I recognize that unauthorized reproduction or use of accessed material may be a criminal offense under the U.S. Copyright Act.
- I realize that I may contact fee-based services and online shopping services while using the Internet. I agree to assume full responsibility for any charges I might incur when accessing such services from the Library. I recognize that any service involving the submission of a credit card number involves me in a transaction with an outside service provider, not with the Library.
- I recognize that the Library is not responsible for the content, validity, or currency of any information found on the Internet that the Library did not create.
- I agree to abide by the rules and policies regarding Internet usage developed by the Franklin Park Public Library District.
I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules may result in loss of my Internet privileges at the Franklin Park Public Library District.